Pirates Tickets Guide: Best Food at PNC Park
When you have Pittsburgh Pirates tickets, you can look forward to good food as well as a good time. PNC Park has a variety of concession stands and restaurants. No matter what types of food you enjoy, you’ll probably find it somewhere at PNC Park.
Restaurants at the Smorgasburgh
Image via Flickr by stu_spivack
The Smorgasburgh food court, located near Section 110, has everything from filling entrees to delightful desserts. Some highlights at the food court include:
- Primanti Brothers, where fans can choose sandwiches piled high with meats, cheeses, and even coleslaw (try the Almost Famous sandwich for something really special)
- Quaker Steak and Lube, a local favorite that serves chicken wings with a variety of sauces (there’s also a location in Section 322)
- North Shore Refreshment Company, which has all of the traditional baseball food, including nachos, pretzels, kettle corn, and hot dogs
With so many options in one place, you may end up spending a good portion of your day eating and drinking at Smorgasburgh.
Restaurants at Pops’ Plaza
Pops’ Plaza food court has all the favorite foods and beverages of Willie Stargell, one of the Pirates’ most popular Hall of Fame players. Located near Sections 129-132, along the Main Concourse, this food court offers a diverse selection such as:
- Nakama, an Asian restaurants with egg rolls, sashimi, sushi, and hibachi
- Pub 475, which serves pretzels and other traditional baseball park food that go great with a cold beer
- Chickie’s & Pete’s, where you can chomp on the restaurant’s Famous Crabfries, a crinkle-cut fry covered in spices and a white cheese sauce
- Familee’s BBQ, a traditional BBQ restaurant that features sandwiches and more
At this food court, you’ll have so many options that you could have a hard time making up your mind.
All You Can Eat Seats
Feeling hungrier than usual? PNC Park has seats in Sections 145, 146, and 147 that get you all the food you can eat during the game. When you purchase a seat in one of these sections, you get a wristband that gives you a free access to traditional baseball foods.
Buy tickets to these sections when you want to fill up on:
- hot dogs
You also get all the soda you can drink. You’ll have to pay extra for beer, though. Still, it’s a great bargain for hungry fans.
Dessert at PNC Park
Don’t fill up on hot dogs and chicken wings before you have a chance to check out PNC Park’s dessert selection. It has everything you’d expect, and a few things you might not. Some favorite spots include:
- Dippin’ Dots in Sections 114 and 131
- Sweet Spot behind Section 119, where you can get frozen drinks, soft serve ice cream, and hand-dipped ice cream
- Soft Serve Express, where you can load up your Sweet Spot ice cream with extra toppings
- Rita’s Italian Ice in Sections 103 and 105
Now that you know about these great places to eat at PNC Park, do you plan to eat during your next Pirates game? Who needs to go out to eat when you have so many options at the park?